So, I’m in the area call Versailles, it on the other side of the volcano from San Salvador and my companion is Elder Cerrud from Panama!
So we left Guatemala City Tuesday at like 7 am in a bus with like 30 of us and I didn’t realize Guatemala City was so high up in the mountains until we descended like 4000 feet. But we got to the mission house after only 5 hours in San Salvador. They are super awesome! They taught us some stuff there, gave us some food and then sent us to the APs house and like 24 of us elders slept in one room on a ton of bunk beds there. The next day the whole mission gathered at a stake center and we got our new companions and areas!
So Versailles is just 20 miles around the mountain from San Salvador like I said. So our house is in a nice gated neighborhood, nice is relative because our house is concrete and we have ants. We don’t have any means of cooking food because our stove doesn’t exist. When I got here we got to work! I am probably gonna be walking like 2-4 miles a day because everything is so spread out. So Elder Cerrud was here before and we got tons of investigators, that’s all we spend our time doing is teaching. The people here are so awesome and accepting; although they are a bunch of flakes because they don’t keep their commitments very often. Oh, while it’s in my head, some of the teachers at the CCM knew (cousin) Mariah Flake when she was there.
Things are good so far when it comes to health; no athletes foot, diarrhea, parasites, etc. don’t worry I knocked on wood. Papusas are incredible! I ate like 7 just yesterday. I’m still trying to figure out what I am going to eat for breakfast... So the thing about El Salvador is that it is super super HOT. I sweat, starting..... never because I am constantly sweating even when I get out of bed my pillow is wet. Kind of gross. But luckily our shower is only cold.
I’ve been hesitant to take pictures, because apparently I would get jumped if people see it. OH conference was awesome! There were some awesome missionary talks! President challenged me to read the BOM by the end of May so that is cool. English by the way. So all is well here!
Congratulations Lindsey! That is super cool! Another niece/nephew! And good luck on the move Danielle and Steve! And how cool is that Spencer and Kelsey (cousin siblings, one missionary one getting married in May) are going through the temple at the same time! Well I will send pictures and letters!
Much love, Elder flake
Family! Thanks for the emails and stuff! So this new rule here is I can email anybody, save for people in my mission, I wanna get email addresses from people if I can but I’m not sure how I can get them. Also I have an hour to write but I had to take care of a bunch of other stuff with the time I have so I have a half an hour. Mom I guess the package you sent didn’t make it to the MTC by the time I left and from what I’ve heard, it take a week for stuff to get here from USA but then it goes to the zl then the district leader, then me, so it might be two month until I see it... yikes. That goes along with letters too. :( So email might be the way to go for me here.
No comments:
Post a Comment