Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Feliz Semana Santa

     Well they celebrate Easter differently here. There's no Easter eggs or anything like that. For Mormon missionaries, Easter means dodging parades of Catholics that go around singing and carrying memorials of the Savior. 

     We were walking home Saturday night, and we turned a corner and got faced by literally thousands of Catholics. The problem was we had to wade through them all to get to the house. That was exciting!!

      The traditional meal here for Easter is torrejas. It's basically french toast, but so much better! Some members treated us to torrejas two days in a row! I'll make some for you someday. I'll send some pictures. 


    So this week we met some visiting relatives of our investigators that live outside our area. We taught them every day this week because they are super positive! We basically committed them to go home, find the missionaries, get baptized, and go on a mission! Too bad they don't live in our area. There are so many people that live out in the boonies that haven't heard the gospel yet. There is so much potential when missionaries go out there someday. 

  Did you guys see the lunar eclipse? It was cool!

    Well. I decided that one of my favorite parts being a missionary is being able to teach and feel the spirit, and know that the investigator feels the spirit too. We had a cool experince teaching a humble young family the message of the restoration. My stud companion commited them to baptism in the first lesson!

   Well I hope you all have a good week! I love you all.

 Love Elder Flake

answers.....   I got the Easter package! thanx. Today for pday vamos a play basketball! We don't have a cook, but a lady washes our clothes and gives us dinner like twice a week. We eat so many  pupusas in this area! It's awesome! It rains like twice a week, but it will pick us soon. Thanks for your testimony! I love you all!  elderflake


The dad of one of our investigators makes hammocks by hand. I'm thinking about buying it! should I?

YES!


 Those are the cool one week investigator, future missionaries!


Cool view of our area!

1 comment:

  1. It is so exciting to see how Andrew is doing. We love reading about all that he does, it helps to see what Nikolas will be doing as well. 2 more weeks and He gets to join Andrew in El Salvador!! We can't wait. It is so impressive to see the Spirit working on our young sons! Andrew is one amazing man. Can't wait for him to get home and hopefully tell us some tales that Nikolas might be doing too!!
    Love the White Family

    ReplyDelete