Monday, April 7, 2014

Write your Testimony for Elder Flake

Well transfers happened but nothing happened; I'm fine with that.
 
I hope all of you enjoyed conference. It was truly inspired! We (the gringos of our stake) watched it in English in a room in the stake center. It's something special to  hear conference as a missionary. We get to help people in each phase of the gospel, so it all applies to us personally, or its something we can share to help others.
 
 Once again I got the general feeling the the Lord is hastening his work, starting with the foundation of each persons testimonies, so that we can support others and help the church grow. I loved the talks in the general Priesthood session. How humbling it is to know that we are entrusted with the very power of the Lord to help bring to pass the work of salvation. I know that this power is real, and that we have to act, with faith, to use it to help others. 
 
  Well I hope you all are gonna "Follow up" now and write me your testimonies.
 
       This week we had a family night with Jorge and his family. I don't know if you have seen this object lesson where someone does pushups to pay for someone to eat cookies that represents the atonement.Well, we did that last Tuesday, and Elder Gaitan did the "atonement." After a while of course he was getting tired and he had 5 left to do and he was giving it all he had even to yelling and grunting. 
 
The family was saying, "Let somebody else do it, and you don't have to do it... But Elder Gaitan did it at whatever cost..... It was funny at the moment, but then we got talking about the symbolism, and we realized just how relevant this activity was to the atonement. Jesus Christ did something A LOT harder than doing some pushups, but he did them all.  He was the only one that could do it. 
 (This is only an example, not Andrew)
 
I know that is true, and I want to help others use this blessing in their lives.   I have to mention that Elder Gaitan was terribly sore the rest of the week. 
 
 Have a good week! Have a good Easter!    
 
  Love Elder Flake

No comments:

Post a Comment