We had some 4th of July festivities in district meeting.
That's for you Steve! (Steve is is Andrew's brother in law Dentist.)
So me and Elder Vasquez are doing good together. He is someone I can be myself around. We are getting along great and he is even teaching me slang from Peru and food! He is teaching me a lot about the mission work and we are seeing a lot of fruit from our labors!
I had some of the most spiritual experiences on my mission this last week. Let me explain. So Saturday a few appointments fell through and we were trying not to get down on ourselves. A name came to mind to visit and to teach lesson one. On the way there, a random thought came into my head about gratitude. So when we met up with the guy (Edwin) we sang "We thank thee o God for a Prophet." In Spanish, it talks about gratitude in general.
As we open our minds to all of the blessings of our loving Heavenly Father, we reallize how great he is and how much we need him and his spirit. With that mindset, we started the lesson and that went really well.
Following some inspired questions about baptism and about the fruits of the spirit, we found him commiting himself to baptism and when he said the closing prayer, the spirit pricked his heart and he cried for 3 minutes. President Glazier taught us when that when that happens, just leave..... So we did that and left him with the spirit. All he asked us was, "please dont stop coming!"
I LOVE THE SPIRIT! I have been thinking a lot about gratitude these past few days. It truly opens our minds to how loving he is and allows us to know how to be worthy to obtain more of the spirit.
Have a great week. Love Elder Flake


I was scrolling through his blog from the start of Andrew's Mission until now. He is such an incredible young man. You both have done such a great job. Andrew has such a great attitude about everything. He is such a ray of sunshine. I love that boy. I can't believe he will be home in such a short amount of time.
ReplyDeleteCourtney