Monday, July 28, 2014

All is Well

Good work. Congratulations on your anniversary mom and dad!  Also good work on setting up Shauna and Brother Peacock! I'm glad to hear how happy Samo was. I'm excited to hear that Danielle and Steve are gonna be super close!


 So two Sundays ago we asked the high priests quorum president to do the confirmation for Dimas, but he did it wrong; so he had to do it again yesterday, Sunday. But finally Dimas has the gift of the Holy Ghost! It has been amazing to see the the change in him. He asked us to come with him yesterday to present us to a bunch of his grand kids and relatives to teach them the gospel. They weren't too receptive but they are gonna see the example of Dimas and will come along eventually. He is the happiest guy on earth. He is on retirement so a normal day for him is wake up. and go cut and bring firewood from the hill and come back and lay in his hammock and read. He said he wants to go visit people with us so we'll do that.
  
On other news. We had a surprise sleep over from the other missionaries in our ward, Elder Smartt the district leader and Elder Mansilla from Guate. They lost their keys and didn't have anywhere to go so we made room. The next day we climbed up on their roof and broke in to find the number of their landlord. They are good now. Elder Smartt is a Samoan from Arizona. We get along really well. We have a cool district. 

So we changed the plans and are going to the waterfall today. I am super excited and I'll send pictures the next week. 

I have a one of my favorites scripture: 2 Nefi. 2:10. It makes me happy. There is an opposition to all things right? Yes, Christ took upon himself the price for happiness. If we accept him and obey him we can be happy without having to pay the price, because He did! How great is that! 
 
I hope you all have good week. Love Elder Flake


** Note from Shelly: 
The picture of the Papusa's being made is a church group here in St. George.  They are raising money and sell Papusa's every other Saturday at their church on 1050 East Tabernacle. We have been going up and buying some and visiting with them. Their Papusas are delicious! 

1 comment:

  1. Darn if I am not going to have to go and try some Papusa's!! I am so glad that Andrew is doing so well. He is such an awesome young man!! But then he has such great parents. Love you Dan and Shelly!!

    ReplyDelete