Monday, October 20, 2014

We're Ok!


Well, it's true what you heard about the earthquake, but earthquake is a big overstatement. So me and my companion had Chinkungunya Fever and were sleeping when the earthquake started. Its funny the difference between my and Elder Merinos reactions. I was half dreaming and thought I was on one of those machines in the mall  that go up and down. Elder Merino jumped up and yelled! Elder Flake! earthquake! come to the door! I don't remember what I said but supposedly I was like: "no, its fun! I'll get up later!" It really wasn't that big.
  But sorry about my small letter from last week. I seriously felt BAD.  The Chinkungunya fever started Sunday and went to Tuesday! I got a high fever the first couple of days and then the problem was just sore joints. It was weird being on the other side of the illness--feeling sick instead of helping the sick. We have given at least 30 blessings the last few days and weeks and then finally I got it. I asked for a blessing from Elder Merino and I feel like it was a miracle how fast we both recuperated.
We are super happy about the baptism last week. Denis has progressed a ton these last weeks. From when I got to this area, he had never prayed in his life and didn't have much of  a desire to change. We helped his idea of God when we read Romanos 8:39. Height and depth can't separate us from God's love. He started reading and praying, and had desires to be baptized. As we were teaching him we invited his neighbor whose a member to the lessons. He was somewhat inactive but got super excited about his neighbor getting baptized. He got reactivated and worthy and he baptized Denis. We are working with him so he will go on a mission.
Romans 8:39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Have a good week! Love Elder FlakePictures: we saw a cool anti government statement thing when we went to the hospital.

Today we're gonna go watch Ephraim's Rescue with Denis and the member! Super stoked..  and yes the package came! with money thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment