Monday, October 27, 2014

Graditude and Faith



I think the SalvadoreƱos got the holidays mixed up. They aren't gonna go trick-or-treating, but everybody is buying fireworks to set off Halloween. Maybe they chose trick instead of treat. haaa

   So Saturday we were  contacting in the street and we looked up and holy cow! the great migration! We saw at least 3 thousand big birds heading south for winter. I thought El Salvador was south, but the birds have somewhere else in mind I guess. 


I got to teach a lesson in English yesterday, I tried at least. We are teaching a family that lived in San Francisco for like 30 years. I was struggling to remember some gospel terms in ingles. It ended up all in Spanglish. It was interesting to see my progress in learning Spanish, and adapting myself to the Latin culture in general. I love these people. There are so many great examples of faith and living the gospel even when they are alone.
  We are teaching the Family Campos. They are less active and work the the city market selling cabbage. The mom gets on her wheelchair and puts her two daughters on her lap and head off to work. They invited us to dinner last week and gave us a humble plate of beans and fried eggs. I then saw her kid eat nothing but a tortilla for dinner. I felt so grateful for what I have. I've never had to go hungry. I always have had support in the church and with my faith. My faith was kindled.
     ¨Faith is kindled by hearing the testimony of someone who has faith¨
                             True to the Faith.

Adios          Elder Flake

Pictures:
cool district 

and pupusas locas!

No comments:

Post a Comment