So this week has been good. So a normal day goes as follows. I get up at 6:30 am
and heat some water for mango oatmeal, do 50 pushups or jumping jacks, then
read the BOM while Elder Cerrud is showering. Then at 8:00 I go through and
mark scriptures and I’m studying a part of a lesson each week. For example: I
studied the fall the last two days. At 9:00 we have companionship study
and at 10:00 we have training time. We read Preach My Gospel, and practice
teaching lessons. At 11 we have language study or plan for the day. At 12 we go
and eat at hna Carminas house. (She makes goooood food) At 1:00 we start
teaching.
During the day we teach in these areas
where it’s just tin huts and outhouses. A lot of our lessons we teach on
hammocks! There are a lot of dogs and chickens wandering around.Then at 6:00 pm
we get out of there because of the ¨bad boys¨. Apparently its dangerous in
those areas at night, but it is safe in the day. So at night we teach in our
nice gated community.
We teach straight until like 8:30 and
we eat at hna Carminas again and get home at 9 or 930. So the days go by so
fast because we are constantly teaching basically. We make a plan but we don’t
follow it too strictly because we don’t call and make appointments. I thought
we should, but it’s not necessary because people are just chillin in their
shack all the time.
So the other day, a lady gave me some water
and I drank it and then she asked if it was ok because it was chorro water (dirty
water from the sink) and I started going crazy because apparently its
really bad. So the next two days I hardly ate anything, but chugged Pepto Bismol
and agua pura. And I made it without getting sick! Blessing from the lord!
There are so many things that I know the Lords hand is involved. This is an
awesome experience!
Sorry I didn’t have more time to write. Things are good. Sorry
I can only use Skype and not use a phone as a backup. I guess it makes sense
because I don’t have a cell phone. I sent pictures in the mail last Monday.
Hopefully they make it. Sorry if never have time to write much. We have to ride a bus out of our way to send
stuff but the email thing works right?
and I can send pictures via email too!
.
Talk
to you Friday at 10! Hope it works! Love Elder Flake
**In El Salvador they celebrate
Mother’s Day on May 10th. That means we get to talk and Skype with
Andrew this Friday! He is in the same time zone as we are!
No comments:
Post a Comment