Me and Elder Hernandez (new companion) with chickens.
We help a family fill their pila with water.
Our new house with the center courtyard.
Unloading dirt from a Ford truck. (I felt at home)
We poured concrete for a family where the dad has been super sick for months.
So things are good here. I guess I'll tell you more about Elder Hernandez. To put it simply; were buds. He is real chill and we get along really well. He made the decision to always be animated on his mission so we are always positive! He is really short, so people laugh at us when we we walk around together. I'm teaching him English so he can pass a test and come to study civil engineering with me in Utah!
Funny story. God has a way of making us better in various ways. We were contacting for 3 hours in the hot sun without success. We used up all of our references and talked to all the members who were around at the time so we literally stopped in the middle of an intersection and looked down each street hoping for an idea of what to do.
We looked down one street and this young man came out of his house and signaled for us to go over there. We hesitated because drunks are trying to talk to us on a regular basis on the street. We finally decided to go over there and he turns out to have received the lessons in a different city and has quit girls, and drinking. So we talked with him and he came to church with us! Turns out that The Lord wants us to show our efforts and then he'll provide.
Love, Elder Flake
ps. Tell the two missionaries from our stake who are coming here to be excited! Who are they? I use my boots a LOT. Half the year here it rains every day, and there are a lot of mountainous areas. I used the shoedryer twice so far.......I havent gotten the packages yet but probably will this week because we have a multi mission conference with Elder Cook!!!!!!!!







No comments:
Post a Comment