Monday, March 17, 2014

Cool Story as the Spirit Testifies

Hey Fam!

I guess I can tell you more about where I'm at....  Here close to the capitol, San Salvador, it's a lot more Americanized and there are a lot of people that work in call centers and talk in English. The ward teaches a weekly English class and we invite a lot of people to go there.
 So this is one of the oldest wards in the country so there are good members and there are a ton of less actives. We are working with the member directory and are finding lots of people that got baptized but never went back to church. That just shows the importance of the members and friend shipping.
Elder Gaitan is great. We don't have a lot of common, but we always get along and I am teaching him English. We sing English hymns as we walk around. 
Cool story. We are teaching this young man of 20 years and he was liking the message but wasn't getting his answer. We testified and invited him to ask of God again and pay attention to how he feels. I did it too, that night. I felt, without fail, the spirit testify more about the love of Christ and how he called Joseph Smith be a prophet. That day we went and taught him with the bishop (the bishop is awesome by the way) and he described what he felt and it was exactly , exactly,  what I felt the night before. That was the ticket for him and we are planning his baptism this Saturday! I love the gift of the holy ghost!  It is so powerful and essential.
     Pray for mission opportunities.
 Love Elder Flake!

We are playing Basketball for pday today. 
Have a happy birthday Danielle!

No comments:

Post a Comment