Monday, April 28, 2014

CTR Rings!


Choose the right!  

  A picture of thanks from a recent convert family. I send Andrew Spanish CTR rings to give to his converts.  They look pretty happy and determined to Choose the Right! 

  It's fun to hear about all the fun from Easter and traveling and stuff. Good work dad on winning the bid on the old Hobie 21! They haven't told us much about the details on the phone call, but I'll tell you when I know. 


   Last week we had a multi-stake service activity with like 100 missionaries. The members went to work cleaning up  a river, and we, the missionaries, went and knocked on doors to give people a paper about avoiding the dengue! There are a lot of people that have it right now, but I have been spared so far. 
   The challenge for us lately has been trying to help people keep their commitments. We have had powerful lessons teaching with the spirit, but maybe we need to practice giving invitations or something, but we will work and that, and I realize that we are working on the Lords time too. 
    The last two weeks we have been entering the infamous "16 de Marzo." It's basically a colony of tin huts and is a little sketchy; but we enter with members who know the area and we feel the Lord's protection. We have found 3 really positive families there. Unfortunately, one of the few willing members to go with us is a challenge to teach with. We have talked with him about it, but he teaches really doctrinally. We have to spend a lot of time simplifying what he says, but we are happy he is willing to leave with us. 
  Last week I have been working on saying more sincere personal prayers. I like what the bible dictionary says about prayer, more or less; When you find out the relationship between you and God, you will then realize how vital prayer is. I have seen help from sincere prayer and I know I can show more faith in saying. "Mighty Prayers."
   Thanks for all the support.  I love you all.  I know that Christ lives and has trusted thousands of young people to go and represent his name in preaching his gospel. May it go forth!
  Love Elder Flake

1 comment:

  1. Wow that is so awesome!! I love reading what Elder Flake is doing!! You have an amazing son!! We used his FHE lesson about the Atonement with our kids. What a great idea!! I remembered learning this in a seminary lesson and what a powerful impact it had on me!! Love you all!!

    Courtney White

    ReplyDelete