We have been doing a lot of work finding new people to teach. I learned that a big influence in your success finding is your expectations. This one community had a bad reputation when I got here that everybody's mean and catholic. We went there the other day with different expectations and we found some positive people to teach!
So I told you about our convert Dimas. He's on retirement and the most exciting thing he does is go into the hills to gather firewood. We went with him the other day to bring firewood so that was fun and nice to help him and his family so they can cook their beans. He is a good example to the ward of faith. He is more persistent than us when it comes to inviting his kids and grand kids to hear our message.
We went and hauled bricks again at the school. We made a throne out of bricks for my district leader. I'll send a picture to explain that one.
My goal this week was to raise the faith of everybody that I talked to. The bible dictionary says, more or less: Faith is kindled by hearing the testimony of someone who has faith. Who knows how much our influence will be --only if we have faith.. Interesting to think about right?
Whelp, see ya, love ya, Elder Flake



No comments:
Post a Comment