Monday, September 29, 2014

Give up the Thug Life and Serve a Mission



Pictures: It was somewhat cold the first time on my mission. 
I exchanged jackets with Elder Merino. :)


Temple trip! Super cool; we go every 3 months now


Brother Fish who passed on, is the one who lived up in Kolob right? That's one of the coolest places on earth! I hope your all enjoying the surprise family reunion.I'll start answering questions. Elder Merino, my new companion, is awesome and has an awesome story. Three years ago he was  an atheist gang leader in Nicaragua. He has some Mormon friend and decided to go to church. He received the missionaries in his house but continued to rebel. He said he would blow cigarette smoke in the missionaries faces. Something happened and he decided to get baptized and now he's on the mission. He has some crazy stories. He got in to boxing, and raising Rottweilers. We get along super great. 

  We're picking up the work here. The Elder that left the change before us was sick most of the change so when I came, there was hardly anyone to teach. We have been finding a lot of new families to teach. The most promising right now is this part member family that the wife needs to get divorced to marry her husband ( Guiermo) so he can get baptized. Luckily in my last ward in Ilopongo there's a member lawyer that's gonna do the work free!

I told you about Denis, he is 18 years old and we taught him how to pray the first time in his life last week. He is super humble and has been coming to church. The problem in this area is that there are different gangs in each colony, and the members can't enter where there are different gangs. It has been a struggle to get members to go with us to teach. Their safety is in jeopardy.
   All is well here. Please pray for Guiermo and Denis!    I am praying for you.
Love, Elder Flake

No comments:

Post a Comment