Monday, September 8, 2014

The Expo Ilopango!


There was a cool activity  in the stake center Saturday. It was a giant expo! A bunch of people selling cookies, food, sculptures, and consegrated oil canisters! I bought some cool stuff including stuff for you guys. 


  Other that that we had a normally good week. To answer your questions mom; yes I'm still with Elder Vasquez and yes he got better health wise. We did devisions one day because I didnt want to stay in the house and so I worked with Elder Sifuentes, a Guatemalteco. He ends his mission in Diciembre and no I havent gotten the package yet.

  That's sad to hear about the health of grandma. We know that she has done so much in her lifetime serving others. She will be more happy and more capable to serve others on the other side of the veil.

  We visited a less active member last week whose wife died of cancer recently. He has grown very stiffnecked and cold about the church. We arrived at the house of him and he started crying and telling about how sad he is. For like 10 minutes! I had no idea what to say how to help this poor old man. It made it worse when he said, bluntly, So what do got to say to me? 

I said a prayer as my companion was talking. I was waiting for something to come and it came. I opened the triple to D.& C. 121 when Joseph Smith was in jail and sad. It said something along the lines of "be comforted and your days of tribulation will be just a small moment. If you endure it well, you will be exalted on high! I don't know what he felt or heard that night, but he had a change of heart. 

He came to church Sunday. He still has a lot to change, but it's amazing to be able to understand the atonement that, even though in my life I haven't had many trials in my life, I could help him understand that somebody a lot greater knows how he feels and can offer relief to him. I know that Christ offers to each and every one of us support and comfort when we show our faith and obey him. 
I love that.

I hope you all have a good week.

Love Elder Flake

No comments:

Post a Comment