Yep I've been transfereed by Ilopango, to Apopa! It is the northern end of the capital. Hello Elder Merino from Nicaragua!
Nephite ruins. So last week pday was Tuesday because of the holiday here (Independence Day). We went to Sihuatan Ruins! Coolest thing ever! I'll let the pictures do the talkin.
Worn out Shoes!
When I was packing my bags I realized that I have a ton of shoes.
When I was packing my bags I realized that I have a ton of shoes.
So sounds like your having a good time there. But frankly it's better
here. Apopa is a cool place but it's a Little bit more dangerous. Please
pray for my safety, but I have already felt the protecting hand of God
here. It's really not too bad.
I'm here with Elder Merino. He's from the
same Ward as my other companion Elder Gaitan. He is great and I'm excited
to have someone who is excited for the work. Important families.
1.Family Perez. The mom was baptized and we are teaching her brother.
He has fear to pray. Pray so that he will pray.
2. Half the Ward. The attendance is low because everybody had the Chinguguya fever.
The gifts of the spirit are real. I had always had trouble remembering
stuff, especially names. Well, I prayed hard these last couple of days
to remember all these people I'm meeting. Holy cow As soon as I see their
faces their names pop up in my head. It's a true manifestación of the
gifts of the spirit.
Love Elder Flake
**Note from mom
**Note from mom
- Amy Gray Johansen My husband is in the military and currently deployed to Haiti for a year. He has told me all about the Chikungunya Fever (pronounced chi-ken-guun-ye). Transmitted by mosquitos. If you are lucky enough to have Off with deet, it helps. There was an outbreak a few months ago, when he first reported. He thought he may have had it a week ago, but he ended up being dehydrated. He is currently taking pills for Malaria too. We will certainly keep your elder, and all others, in our prayers.Collette Clark Clove The Chikungunya Fever has gone through the carribean misisons the past couple of months...good news is..it doesn't kill you and you only get it once! It is pretty nasty though!Amy Gray Johansen I've heard it lasts about a week, but the sore joints can last for months. Like Collette said, it's not deadly. Thank goodness!



No comments:
Post a Comment