I got another little HondoreƱo companion! Elder Castro! Fidel Castros grandkid! Just kidding! No, but he has 6 little months on the mission and he is ready to go to town working hard. I'm his first gringo companion so he is excited to learn some ingles. We read preach my gospel in ingles each day and we have little conversations throughout the day. He always asks, ¨where are we going?¨ as we enter certain communities. I think he's trying to say. "Are you kidding me! this place is sketchy man!¨
Saturday we had a super sport activity in the
church. We had some investigators and less active people there playing
soccer and basketball and chess and food! It was super fun. We even got
in on a little soccer tournament and, despite my gringoness, we moved up to the
finals at least.
So for your Questions about Halloween.. boring... Day
of the dead. A little exciting because we have a cemetery and a bunch
of people went to go celebrate dead people. Yes..... I have eaten
pupusas with all kinds of leaves and plants they can find in the monte. My
favorite is loroco. Today we are gonna go buy stuff and I'm gonna put up
my hammock in the little forest in our back yard and take it easy for a
bit.
All is well here. I'm dreaming of a white Christmas...lots of people in white jumpsuits in a pila bautismal.
I love ya. Elder Flake
**(note
from mom) We ate Papusa's in St. George on Saturday. I little El
Salvadorian church group makes them and sells them every other Saturday
downtown. This time we tried some with spinach in them. I had asked him
if had ever tried them that way.Thus the answer about leaves and plant in his Papusas.

No comments:
Post a Comment