Monday, January 19, 2015

I have come to know the Savior in El Savador



Well it came; it's time to get trunky.  Sunday, the bishop unexpectedly invited me to go up and bear my testimony.  I shared my testimony and from that moment on it hit me that my days are numbered. We had a wonderfull week with back to back very spiritual lessons and we helped this awesome family go back to church the first time in 5 years. I baptized a little girl too! It was a ward baptizm, but she asked me to baptize her!  We also had this awesome lesson in the house of some awesome members with the family Martinez. (They didn't get baptized yet, but pronto) We also had a pupusa eating competition and we ate 50 pupusas in one week!  Exciting stuff.

Here's what my next days entail.

Monday: Play futbol, buy more recuerdos, watch a church movie with some converts, play the harmonica with an investigator with his guitar, and a dinner with a family, and a  super family night with like 30 people. 

Tuesday:  work and say bye to all the members at mutual in the night.

Wednesday: change meeting, temple with the president, sleep at the presidents house with 25 other missionaries who are ending their mission.

Thursday: travel all day and arrive in St. George,  at 11pm so it seems.

 Friday: Get released at 8:00 a.m. and then go to college 20 minutes later. Then party!    I wanna go to the temple also.    


Seeya soon.

This has been the best experience of my life. I have come to understand  the gospel and realize how blessed we are to have made covenants with God. I trust in the spirit. It has guided me every moment. This is the church of Jesus Christ and he is at the head. When we offer our best, he guides us and increases our capacities. We, as children of God, need to do more that just live the commandments. We have the gift and we need to share it with everybody, willingly, cheerfully.  
   
  I have come  to know the Savior in El Salvador.

Elder Flake

**Elder Flake has requested only family at the airport on Thursday. Everyone is welcome to greet him on Friday anytime after 12:00 pm at our home. We will go to the temple sometime later that day. 
You are invited to a Papusa Party at the Flake's on February 7, Saturday at 5:30 pm to visit with Elder Flake the night before his Mission Report. 
He will report his mission on Sunday, February 8 at 11:00 am at the chapel on 2450 South near our home. We will have a luncheon after at our home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment