Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Week Four in the Guatemalan MTC



                                                  (Andrew is on the far left, row three)

(Look at all the cute sisters who have arrived at the MTC!)

So, supposedly there was a 6.0 earthquake here a couple of days ago but I didn’t feel anything! Apparently it’s been on the news and stuff but it’s funny being here because we have no idea of what’s going on in the world. Our only sources is our teacher who tells us stuff and the
local newspaper that’s on the ground when guys are painting here (they just finished up this really nice cafeteria that we eat in now!)

 So this week has been good. So I think Monday we made a goal to speak ONLY SPANISH A WHOLE DAY and we did it! It was hard! And we didn’t say much but i improved a lot in that one day. We settled on speaking Spanish in our bedroom and in the classroom and in the cafeteria so we still get a ton of practice every day. 

We just got back from our last Guatemala temple visit! it is so awesome! I will miss going every
week. I hope in El Salvador well  be able to go at least once every other month. We´ll see. So from what I’ve heard we are leaving Tuesday morning at 3 AM! and that its a 6 hour bus trip! But there are
probably 6 other Latinos coming with us so that will be nice to have people that know what people are saying. So when it comes to my Spanish, apparently I pronounce good, I can say a lot of things, but
i still am terrible at listening. I can understand a lot when Pres. Nicolysen or a gringo speaks because they speak slower but when a Latino comes up and says,  áskjflñadsjflsdjjlfbklblbllbbllalb´. I give them a blank stare and I say mas despacio por favor! so hopefully that aspect will improve! But things are good here!

My calling is really making me learn some serious leadership skills. I don’t like telling people what to do, but that’s all I do Saturday nights getting assignments for church the next day. The Latinos this transfer
struggle at getting in their rooms at 10 30 and I’ve been creative at helping with that; like writing names down or holding a belt! jk  But this has been a good learning experience! I love you all!
 Next time I say stuff I’ll be in El Salvador! Oh yeahh! There’s a bunch of Salvadorans here and they all say that we’ll love papusas and how cheap everything is there! So I'll bring home a lot of stuff!

 Mom, thanks for sending a package   So I think some packages take 3 weeks to get here so I hope it comes before I leave!
       I love you!
Elder Andrew Flake

No comments:

Post a Comment