Monday, July 8, 2013

4th of July in El Salvador July 8, 2013


This was the extent of our 4th of July festivities: your Oreo cake (super good) and some baconators from Wendy's and red and blue ties.
 

Baptism of Ivania Gabriela Garcia Gonzales

     Me and Elder Soza were studying in the morning July fourth and we looked at the date to write down, I was like Santa Baca! its Independence Day! We then sang all of the patriotic songs we know. including some opera style while walking the dirt roads of our area. I feel bad because we don't have anything patriotic for America. oh well.

    This week has been good. We have a cocinera and lavandaria lady so that's nice to have lunch everyday. We go to this one lady's house 3 times a week and she gives us SO MUCH FOOD. Like 20 papusas for the 2 of us. So she gives us food 3 times a week, but we are fed from it the whole week it seems like.

   This area is a lot smaller than my other areas in the past so that is nice. Again our schedules are full with appointments, but we have learned that we need to make triple backup plans from like 1-4 in the afternoon because people that are around at that time don't have school or work, and thus are very Flakey. But we are doing better than I though we would be doing Spanish-wise. I'm used to looking at my Latino companion when I don't understand what they said, so sometimes I look at Elder Soza, and he looks at me the same way, and we say "exacto hermano!" even though we don't know what they are saying. oh well. I just hope I'm not teaching false doctrine unintentionally. Oh we felt another earthquake! Just another weak one, but that was cool. It feels like I'm on one of those kid rides in the mall, just rocking back and forth slowly.


   We had a baptism Saturday! A 14 year old girl who is just awesome! She has so much faith to come to church and stuff even though her family isn't supportive and somewhat against the idea of her being baptized. I have been amazed at how much faith some of our investigators have. True conversion!!! Awesome!

   We had some hard days with a lot of appointments falling through, but we have some awesome investigators. We could have 5 or 6 baptisms in the next few weeks Ill tell more about them, but here's some pictures of the baptism and stuff.

Thanks for all the prayers.
        Elder Flake

No comments:

Post a Comment