Monday, July 15, 2013

Rain Poncho Friend, Jungle, and Bunnies for Dinner

 This is their poncho friend. He says that the dollar store ponchos have saved them many times.

 Every Monday they go visit a recent convert family that lives way out in the jungle.
Andrew says it is very pretty.

Super cool family who breeds bunnies for food.

Hello family and friends, 

        Thanks for the pictures and stuff! Sweet car Dawson! Deck it out in chrome and put a huge spoiler on it and it would look like a carro Salvadoreno! Sorry about the rain on Beaver Mountain dad, but that sounds like a fun camp out. Tell me about your adventures in San Francisco.
 
     To answer some questions, we haven't been as good as to work out in the mornings in this transfer, but we get plenty of exercise walking around. We have been playing soccer on p-days and that's fun to use up some of the energy I get stored up. I don't know if its cooling down, or if I'm getting used to it, so that hasn't been too much of a problem lately. Some days the clouds roll in with the cool air and the rain holds up until night, so that's nice. Me and Elder Soza are still getting along really well. Some things I've learned about him is that he was on the BYU drum line and can make any object sound awesome with his rhythm and pencils. And Elder Soza is ready to train  (that's what I told the mission president).
 
Anyways, I'm super excited right now and this is why:
   Thursday we had a training with the mission president for our zone, and the whole time we talked about how we can teach our lessons with fewer words, less information, and with the spirit super strong. All he told us to do is to flip through the pamphlets and talk about how our investigators feel when they see them, like the picture of Christ with the lost lamb etc. It sounds too simple, but we`ve tried it out and it's awesome. One reason of the many is that there is nothing that the investigator can argue about so the spirit isn't driven away. Besides, the spirit is what carries the words to their hearts, not us. 
 
   So I was super excited about that then the next day we had interviews with the president and I just have to say that he is very inspired for the missionaries as a whole, and for me individually. He has helped me so much. I just want to go to work and try out what he has taught me right now!
  
Investigators: We have been working with this 50 year old lady Julia. She has been super willing to make commitments and she even bore her testimony in church last week that she wants to be baptized. Later she had talked with her niece or something and she got scared, and dropped her baptismal date, huge bummer. But we are working with her and she still has the desire to be fully converted and be baptized. Right now we have 5 jovenes (youth(s))? that want to be baptized, but we are working with their parents for their permission.
     
  This has been an awesome week! Wow this is our last full week of this transfer, I hope I stay here with Elder Soza! We are witnessing marvelous things! It is always so worth the effort to be ready to teach a lesson with the spirit. Its amazing how much it can change the hearts of people. This is awesome!
 
        Have a good week!             Love Elder Flake
 

No comments:

Post a Comment