Some faithful families wanting to learn some English.
That is the best looking plate of the typical meal I've seen.
Wow that's crazy that there are 8 missionaries from our street!
That's pretty awesome. Looks like another fun week with the kids. When
does Dawson leave for the northern lands? Dad when do you start working
down in Arizona? and do you mean the National border? That's cool. I have
all I need here mom don't worry about that. Stores exist here too. I am
learning to live pretty cheap on bread, oat meal, and beans..... thanks
for the love mom.
This has been a good learning week for me. We had some good
experiences and tried out some things that have turned out to be not so
effective. Saturday
I taught an English class! That was pretty fun to speak english for a
little bit. We spent the week before inviting people and we were hoping
to get refferals, meet new people to teach, and get to know the members
some more, and the latter be accomplished, but hardly anybody showed up
that we could teach. I'll send a picture. We have seen a lot of progress
in our investigators this week, but we have stake conference this
weekend so we can't have a baptismal service this weekend. But this month
for sure.
Well yesterday we were doing divisions and I was with the ward
mission leader and this cool recent convert family. We were riding in
the back of a pickup out to the cantones (villages) and it started
raining cats and dogs; so we finally got to the house we had planned to
visit. Luckily the family let us in even though were were soaked and
dirty but it turned out to be a big part of the lesson as we talked
about sacrifice and out commitment to the Lord. The guy is pretty devote
Catholic, but I hope his heart will soften. It turns out missionaries
have passed by his house like 5 or 6 times the past two years. There are
a lot of Catholics here! Its annoying.
Well this church just gets more and more true the more I study
and apply the principles in my life and the lives of our investigators!
Have a good week! Love you all! Elder Flake


No comments:
Post a Comment