Monday, August 26, 2013

Tono Baptisim





      Wow! Sounds miserable working in Arizona in the heat like that Dad! I'm glad you survived! Happy birthday Bennett and Happy Anniversary Danielle and Steve!
      Well this was another good week topped off with a baptism! Hno Toño Medina!!!!    He is so cool. He's 78, but he's still out with his machete cutting grass and working! We have been teaching him slow and steady for like a month and a half. Because he is older it was hard to get him unstuck in his ways but he is very sincere and awesome! So the baptismal service was awesome because like 5 men that he is friends with in the ward were there. I'll send pictures
    Wow the time goes by crazy fast and we only have one more week in this transfer!  We have spent a lot of time working with families trying to get them to come to church. It's a big sacrifice for people who have barely enough money to eat, and to leave their tiendas (shops) and come to church. We didn't have any new families this week at church but their faith is growing and they will realize the blessings that they can receive from their sacrifices! I like having the opportunity to serve the other Elders in the district. I have learned a lot from their experiences and hope I can help them some.
  So yesterday, I was feeling down with the flu! I had a fever and soreness and stuff. So I was sitting in sacrament meeting struggling..... But then the Bishop gave the confirmation for hermano Toño. After I got this overwhelming feeling of joy that I cannot describe! Bliss! Its amazing how powerfully the spirit works within us. Especially when where in moment of suffering and struggles.
     I testify that God lives and sends us feelings of love and peace through the Holy Ghost! Even though I felt sick the whole day that one moment made yesterday one of the best days of the mission!
    Well I love You all! The work will go forth! The church is true! I love you!

Love Elder Flake

No comments:

Post a Comment