Me and Elder Banegas and the junglish part of the area.
Us and a cool recent convert family. We cleaned their front yard.
(Look how dirty Andrew's pants and shoes are! Plus, he's sporting a new Salvadorian bag, Cool!)
Sorry to hear that your heading back to school already. It
seems like you guys were just telling me about all of the summer
adventures you had planned for the future. Sad to hear about Sister
Mogensen. I still think about the first day in the airport seeing them
and them helping me out. I honestly don't know if I would've found the
right place the LA airport without them. Besides that just having
someone I know to show me the way. That was a good first tender mercy of
the many that I have seen. That's crazy that there are gonna be 8
missionaries out on our street! Excellent!
Well this week has been good. We started out a little
frustrated/concerned because I felt like our investigators were at a
standstill. We said a lot of prayers and we thought of this one Recent
Convert family and we took them with us to talk with these two families
that the youth want to be baptized but the mom wont give permision. They
had the experiences and testimony that they needed to hear so we have 4
dates for the 17th of agusto! That was an awesome night. The help of
members is limitless! Speaking of that I dont remember if I told you but
our mission area has parts of two wards. It has been kind of awkward
teaching families and telling them to go to this other ward, but lately
we have been a lot more involved with this other ward Occidental. We
have at least 6 more youth/ priesthood that are willing to work with us
and a bunch more references!
Me and Elder Banegas get a long well. He is always asking me how
to say random phrases in English. The majority of Latinos that I have
met, know more about American music and famous people than I do (that's
not really saying much coming from Elder Flake)
I have done two baptizmal interviews so far. That is a really
cool experience and both of them have been super ready and the interview
was a very spirutal experience. So when I got here in Jardin, we worked
a couple of times with this guy named Ivan, He was probably one of
the healthiest 60 year old man I know, but he got cancer like a month
ago and passed away Saturday
Morning. It was sad to see him grow so week so fast, but we went to the
funeral yesterday and sang a lot of hymms and it was a very spiritual
experience.
Welp, things are good here. I feel like there is maybe a total of
5 minutes of time throughout the week to breath and think. In other
words, BUSY.


No comments:
Post a Comment