Monday, October 7, 2013

General Conference WOW!

Elder Flake and Elder Banegas bound across the paths of El Salvador



and a typical scene on the street.


 It looks like fun going to games and stuff up north and it looks like fall too! Crazy! It's hard to grasp time here in part because there isn't seasons. Well, I don't have any tarantula stories this week.  I still haven't gotten the letter from grandma and duct tape fixes everything and thanks for sending a package. I hope it makes it because I heard that the mail people were on strike because they didn't get paid. We'll see.

      So you people were spot on saying that general conference was better on your missions! Wow to how much we can learn through the spirit as the leaders of the church speak! It's amazing to hear all the advice and encouragement to help me personally and think of how I can help our investigators and members here in San Miguel. We are gonna get on encouraging members to look for people to share the gospel by Christmas. How nice it would be to have 15 million new investigators! That would make our mission president happy! And the Lord.

   Anyways, we had an interesting p-day. It's the birthday of Elder Espinoza from Peru in my district and some members gave us lunch and a cake. A LOT OF CAKE and so we were trying to be secretive trying to conspire to get out of eating more food, while Elder Munoz was in the corner turning pale. So we finally left and we were walking back when the cake and Horichata was getting to him. Poor Elder Munoz regurgitated! It was a good laugh at his expense and I am struggling still because I am so full right now.

   Well I keep realizing that I'm a very inexperienced, unwise missionary and have a lot to learn and faith to grow to be more diligent. Also, we have wasted a lot of time teaching people that are "eternal investigators" or don't have faith to change work schedules to come to church. But luckily the Lord has blessed us and we have found some very ready people. I don't remember if I told you about when we helped this family move to a new house last weekend, but the daughter of this less active mom wants to go on a mission. So first we need to teach her and baptize her! Also, there is this family that we taught once, and they came to conference, so well continue on with them.

  Anyway, keep the faith and I love you all!  Good luck with the baby Lindsey!

Love Elder Flake

No comments:

Post a Comment