Monday, September 30, 2013

Saving Souls and Lives (literally) with the Book of Mormon!

Wow I just barely finished my interview with the mission president! He is so inspired and has helped me so much! He helped me understand my role more in training Elder B. He used an analogy that I liked. 

 "There's a family and they are about to have family prayer but the son is downstairs playing video games.  So the dad sends down his daughter and she says, "Brother, I want you to come and pray right now!".... not very effective.  So she should say, "Brother, Dad and the family want you to come and pray with us because we want to do what God asks us to do." This is more effective. 

The role of leaders in the church is essentially being the messenger of the Lord and helping people improve in their lives and come unto Christ. They shouldn't put themselves in the formula.

   Anyway, this was a good week. We had an interesting experience. We were teaching Familia Gutierrez who has a baptismal date, but they aren't coming to church. Oh, and I'll mention we were outside in front of their house and it was nighttime. We were explaining the Sabbath day and I was about to read about the Sacrament in 3rd Nephi 18. I was thinking in my head, "What I have in my hands can save this lady's soul!" 
 When out of the corner of my eye, I saw a huge Tarantula crawling towards her really fast. So I had the instinct to use what I had in my hands to kill the Tarantula. So I whacked the thing when it was only like a foot away from this lady's bare feet! Crazy! After calming down and when she stopped screaming, I realized that the Book of Mormon has the power to solve any problem we have in life including saving souls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah!

        Thanks for the emails and love!    Have a good week!
                         Love you all
Love, Elder Andrew Flake

Mom, I could use some Duct tape please!

No comments:

Post a Comment