Monday, November 18, 2013

Growing in Height and in the Gospel


I forgot to mention we had a family night and played games and stuff. I shared a quick message about baptism. We had 8 investigators there!
 Thats hna Cecilia vaquerano. Shes our cocinera and is super awesome!
 Her son leaves for Nicaragua in December.
Some picts at the multizone. Think I'm growing?


   Thanksgiving doesn't really exist here.  But mom I got the letter with the game you played with Darrell and Eve with the drawings. I laughed! hard! The Halloween package is still making people smile from the candy and games and stuff. People like stickers and stuff like that. 
 
     Interesting start to the week. I went and got my toenails looked at because they were bothering me for a while. They cut out three ingrown toenails and made me rest to let it heal for the rest of Pday and Tuesday. That was a big bummer. We did divisions with our member neighbor so we could still make our appointments. My feet have healed incredibly fast though thanks to miracles so I was able to get back to work quick. (Andrew walks everywhere he goes--many miles a day!)
     The work here is going well. We have the family of Dorys and her kids preparing for baptism the 30th and they were all at church Sunday. Dorys went to work at one in the morning to get it done in time to go to church! They will be very blessed from their sacrifices! They are an awesome family. I don't know if I mentioned Marcos or not, but he quit smoking and drinking to work for baptism! He still has work to do though, to get married!
      It has been a pleasure to get to know this area for these 6 months now in Jardin! I have met some amazing unique people. Its incredible to watch people humble themselves and accept Christ in their lives! He literally lifts burdens from our backs. I know that. I know that because I have experienced it in my life and watched it in others. There is so much that we can do to show our gratitude for what Jesus Christ did for us. I know that we have his restored gospel on the earth today! 
  I love you all! 
              Love Elder Flake
ps. 
(We asked if we could help some of the families there in El Salvador) Wow, well there is a rule against asking families to help people in my mission. That's a good idea though. I will ask about it to my leaders. But yeah they are an awesome family! Yep just San Salvador East (is the new name of his mission). 

No comments:

Post a Comment