Monday, December 2, 2013

Thanksgiving in El Salvador 12/2/13


Hello family! 
    Another good week. I'm staying here. All is the same after transfers. I'm still here with Ayala and this is his last transfer.

   It is truly a special time to be a missionary now to talk about gratitude, and now to share about the message of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ around the time of Christmas. Read Alma 37:6 and think about the small and simple birth of Jesus Christ and how great He is!

  So we kind of celebrated Thanksgiving. A family invited us to eat pupusas; my favorite food in the world and horchata; my favorite drink! and a lot of it!!!  So Salvadoreños celebrate Thanksgiving in a different way. So on the 30th like one million people went out on the main street of San Miguel to get drunk and watch fireworks. Needless to say, we weren't aloud to work that day so we laid in our beds all night listening to screaming and explosions! weird.....

 We just learned the on December 10th we have a day at the mission home for Christmas and then on the 17th we go to the temple!!!!!!! woohoo!

    We are seeing a lot of good things happening. The work is amazing. I love this time here (it's likely that I'm here for another 3 months-- to kill Elder Ayala and teach the area to someone else.)  I love being a missionary! Have a good week. 

Love Elder Flake

Business: 
 I'm happy and yes my feet are better and Elder Ayala doesn't have dengue; so that's good. Sorry to hear about Brandt. That is sad that he has diabetes. I will watch out mom. I still have probiotics and I'm gonna buy more and some vitamins. I think that literally the probiotics, in conjunction with Power from on High has protected me a ton!  I use mosquito repellant. 
Looks like you had a cool Thanksgiving.

I like packages!!   I would say like small pictures of Christ and Spanish CTR rings (all my converts here wear a CTR ring now :)  And candy bars! Those cliff bars were awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment