Monday, August 11, 2014

Duct Tape Fixes Everything!


 
Thanks for writing and for now I have all I need because duct tape fixes everything. Sorry to hear that you are already going back to school. I know you secretly love teaching and helping the youngens. Tha'ts weird to think I've been out of high school for more that two years!

    We have been getting creative in finding new people to teach. Saturday was exciting as we started off with a neighborhood cleanup. We had asked all the members of the neighborhood a couple of days before to invite their neigbors, and Saturday we went hard with machetes and brooms cleaning up a couple of streets. We got talking with some neighbors and got a couple of references that way. We packed away like 30 big bags of garbage!

   Later we invited like 10 kids from the young mens quorum to eat lunch  at a members house. We cooked up some really good Peru food and then read and practiced teaching from Preach My Gospel. We leave with the Young Mens a few times each week.

    My poor companion Elder Vasquez. We were walking so an appointment and it had been raining HARD so we had to make a detour because the road had turned into a river and the lightning had knocked down some trees. So we had made the great effort to keep from getting wet and right before we got to the house, WHOOSH KERPLUNK! Elder Vasquez fell in a hole in the ground! He got so wet! He fell up about to his chest, then jumped out of the hole and hurried and got out the phone and his camera. Luckily they still work. So that's my El Salvador story for the week.
   

Unbreakable faith + obedience with exactitude = power

This formula works. It was taught to us by president Glazier.

I love you all. Love Elder Flake

No comments:

Post a Comment