Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Repentance

Torogos: The National Bird of El Salvador

Q & A.   Well the old guy got sick again so he can't attend with us.
I don't have my release date yet.
The family that gave us refuge from the rain; we passed the reference to the other elders because they live in their area.

We found a golden this week! Well a friend of a less active family moved in with the family. She asked us to come over and teach her. The first lesson she said she is willing to work towards baptism so we are super excited about that. She just needs to give up her coffee. We hope we can help reactivate this family while were at it. 
 
  We are teaching another cool family part member. The husband is investigator and the wife is less active. They have two kids but tend a bunch of nephews so when we go to visit them its quite an adventure. We play games and share something spiritual. Or we ditch the kids and take them to a neighbors house. They have been coming to church and last week we asked a member with a micro bus to help us out and we got the little bus jammed packed with them and another family. 
 
   We had a multi zone meeting with an area authority Elder Ochoa. He kindled my faith! He shared how important it is to be united with our companions. It helped me and Elder Vasquez out a lot and now he is doing a lot better. 
 
         We gave a blind, lame, old man a blessing. Poor guy he lives in this old house that overgrown with weeds. We're going over there tomorrow to "bolar el monte" or translated more or less, blow through the mountain of weeds! Sounds exciting right? Good thing we have machetes!  Although a gas powered weed whacker would be nice.
 
   Elder Ochoa taught:  We tend to blame stuff. It I could be anything, our companion, the area, leaders, personal weakness, anything. WHEN WE DON'T ACCEPT OUR FAULTS, WE CAN'T REPENT! REMEMBER THE STEP, ACCEPT THAT WE HAVE WRONGED GOD, AS PART OF REPENTANCE! YES.  
 
I testify of this. I caught myself blaming a lot of stuff. But I don't have dominion over everything, just my own actions, entonces, arrepientense!
 
I'm good. Happy. We went and ate banana milkshakes today! Then we printed pictures.

I am so grateful for you mom! You have been such a great example of patience and faith! I am so happy to have a dad as a priesthood leader in the house. 

I love you!            Love Elder Flake

No comments:

Post a Comment