Monday, October 6, 2014

January 22, 2015-- He's Coming Home!

Hola Hermana Flake,
Your son will be going home the 22 of January.  If you need anything else just let us know.

-Elder Caldwell & Elder Warnick
Secretarios Generales
Misión San Salvador Este

(I admit---I emailed the mission office to get Andrew's release date. 
A mom just has to plan for these kind of things! )


Watching General Conference with the  English missionaries. 


Pizza Hut with the mission president and his wife. 

So yeah we had a good week. After we wrote last pday. President Vasquez made a suprise visit to Apopa and he invited us to Pizza Hut! It was super chivo.

  We are picking up the work here in Apopa. We're teaching this cool guy who plays the guitar  and we made up a little jam with him and my harmonica. He came to conference and loved it! Please pray for him his name is Pedro! the rock ;)
Conference was great. It was cool to hear it in spanish. We had our gringo room watching it in English but when the Spanish speakers spoke, we all ran in the the chapel of the Stake center to  watch it! It sure shows that the church is worldwide. I really liked Elder Uctdorf's talk about the light of Christ and how we can grow in the light of truth each day through study, prayer, and obedience.
Mom, I told Dawson what I was thinking. I will start studies in the block schedule. That will give me a little time to organize my life to buckle down and study for a few years. Can you look up my password and figure out what my next math class will be?
Thanks for everything! I love you!
Love Elder Flake

2 comments:

  1. My Daughter will be coming home the same day!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a few months early isn't it!! Glad to know that our sons are safe after the earthquake yesterday. I admit I didn't even know about it until I saw the Pres. letter.
    Love you Shelly.

    ReplyDelete