Monday, November 10, 2014

New House with Running Water!

 **Here is a picture of Andrew's new house! I hope he is teasing!! I'm glad that he has running water and that he is in a safer neighborhood!


**Note from mom
Last week I got an email from our Bishop that forwarded Andrew's travel itinerary. Instead of the January 22 expected return date, it had travel for Dec. 11! I got all excited thinking that Andrew would be home for Christmas; but as you read Andrew's letter below--he was horrified and called the mission office and set them straight on the date. I'm so pleased that he wants to have Christmas in El Salvador and complete his full two year mission.  Shelly

You might have been excited when you saw the itinerary for December 11, but I was terrified! We had to get on the computer to send a bill Wednesday when I saw it in my inbox my heart sunk and I started sweating cold. I immediately called the office elder and started trying to explain him the problem but was blabbering ingles. But he understood and changed the flight plan to January! Hallelujah! Sorry mom but I don't want to miss a white Christmas here.
    So I told you this area was  a little sketchy right! So our mission president told us to change houses because we lived the border of two angry gangs. We had some problems but now we're in a really cool house in a safer community. We have a cool little view of the sunrise in the morning and we have running water finally.
We are really working hard with Elder Castro. Last week as a district we reached the goal of 100 references! Now we are gonna go contact them and invite them to repentance. We have are teaching two families that are really interested in understanding the restauracion (restoration).  Please pray for Roberto and Yensi and Family Rodriguez.
Adios      Elder Flake

**Here is a picture of Andrew's new house! I hope he is teasing!! I'm glad that he has running water and that he is in a safer neighborhood!


**Got this picture from another missionary mom off of Facebook: 
Elder Sant said "We had stake conference. Our mission president was there, I liked a comment he made, I'll translate it: "Man loses his health to gain wealth, then loses his wealth to regain his health. He is depressed of his past, distressed for his future, and lives stressed in the present. He lives as if he will never die, then dies as if he had never lived."
Us 4 Elders with our Bishop!
ESSSE mission

1 comment:

  1. I love to read about Andrew!! He is such a great man. I know that if it was Nikolas that had the dates to come home early he wouldn't have said and thing to anybody, he would have just shown up at home. Bahahahahaha!! Love you all.

    ReplyDelete