Doing service with Elder Castro. We're gonna do a concrete pour this wednessday the picture is us breaking up the old sidewalk infront of a members house.
I was trying to teach Elder Castro how to pronounce "th" using the mirror.
Thanks for your letter mom. I am so grateful for you and Dad and all the family. You have been such great examples to me.Tell all the family in Logan thanks for being so awesome!
This last week has changed my mindset. Every day as missionaries we make goals. I always saw the goals and wanted to achieve them but until this week they haven't had an equal importancia (importance).
The mission has a set of "normas de excelencia" Standards of excellence and we as a district last week committed ourselves to reach it. It's no easy task. Last month there were only like 6 areas that reached it in the mission. Last week we prayed specifically to reach these goals every day. The whole week we were working towards them and Sunday was the miracle. We had invited some random people to church and they came!
We reached and surpassed the goal of 6 investigators in church. I was giving a talk that they had assigned me half an hour before and right in the middle of my talk they (the investigators) walked in. I was so happy! I almost said hi to them from the pulpit. That, and some other experiences this week has helped gain more confidence in goal setting.
We should set goals in a lot of things in life. Instead of just thinking, I'll try hard and whatever comes comes. We get the vision of what we need to obtain and strive to get it. Anyways, that my discourse.
Have a good week. Love Elder Flake


No comments:
Post a Comment