Monday, December 8, 2014

Mucho Investigators!


 Super awesome temple trip with investigators. 
 I saw my old companion there-- Elder Hernandez from Honduras.

Looks like fun getting some Christmas trees!  I've told some people about that tradition here and they marvel that you have to walk around in snow in winter coats.
    The highlight this week was a mission wide temple trip with investigators. We obviously couldn't enter the temple, but we had a cool meeting and then split into groups and rotated from room to room teaching about things about the temple and family history. We were assigned to teach the plan of Salvation so that was exciting to teach about the role of the temple in the great Plan.  When we were there a couple from my old area in San Miguel got sealed. We were super excited to see them there and to know we helped them out awhile ago and to get more active in church. I saw a bunch of members  from out there in San Miguel and I realized how much I want to go back there to visit them.
  Other than that, things are going good here. We are working with some people quitting coffee. I swear, that's the only thing the people know the Mormons for, they don't drink coffee and they worship smit. (Joseph Smith)  WRONGO!  at least to the latter doubt.  

  Elder Castro has helped me learn and focus on the importance of prayers. I feel more guidance from the spirit than before. I want to have the faith to consult the lord in all my acts. Ask Him if I should study fasting, or word of wisdom in the morning. If I should call Julio or call Juan to go make visits with us. As we look for guidance from God in all of our actions,  we see our decisions in Gods point of view and His spirit guides us to make the decision.
I love this work. Have a good week everyone. 

 Love Elder Flake


No comments:

Post a Comment