Monday, December 29, 2014

HAPPY New Year!




 We baptized Roberto Rivera. He is super happy right now. He has a bad back so me and Elder Castro had to help baptize him and get him up out of the water. The other Elders in the ward baptized the little girl. 



Well it was super good to talk to you on Skype! I felt like there was a different feeling to this phone call to the rest. It just felt tranquilo and like we havent missed even a month apart from each other. 

   This was a super special week. There is nothing like being in the service of the Lord than on his birthday. We got to celebrate Christmas in a ward party somewhat how the world celebrates it and then have some really neat experiences with familias teaching about the real meaning of Christmas. We read some of Luke 2 with Adonay (Recent Convert) and his family (familia Garcia se llama). They have always been religious but never have read those chapters as a family. They were really grateful for that. We also gave out a ton of gifts with candys from your package and some bibles and going-to-church-backpacks. 

Famila Martinez scared us. They went with us to the ward Christmas dinner and some of the presentations were somewhat worldly. not bad, just worldly. like Michael Jackson, and dancing and stuff. The next day they were concerned about that; why would we have  worldly stuff in church. We read Ecclestiastes 3 that talkes about how there's a time to pray a time to dance, a time for crying, and a time for lauging etc. They understood, and now we are working with them so they can drop coffee for good. 

Over all, on the Lords mission that I'm on; I have learned that we have good reason to be happy. Jesus Christ took over him the punishment of sin in our place. If we live according to what he says, we don't have to be sad. He willingly suffered for us. It's that simple. I have never felt so much joy in my life, than helping poeple understand the atonement. At the beginning of the mission a bunch of people told me that if I understood better the atonement, I would be a better missionary. I understood that I had to study all the deep doctrine and try to figure it out by knowledge. I now know that we understand the atonement best when we put it to practice, when we test it out. Understanding the atonement is living by it.     Anyways I obviously dont understand it very well because im super imperfect, but now´s a good time to get working on it. 


Have a happy new year,   Love Elder Flake

No comments:

Post a Comment