El Salvadorian Thanksgiving
Get out the bird!
Thanks for the pictures and stuff. Mom, I got the Christmas package! It's super awesome! Last night I opened up that Christmas CD you got me it's super cool.
So we have been working hard and Thursday came and my companion reminded me it was thanksgiving! Oh yeah! So we got up with the other Elders in our ward and bought a roticery chicken, asked a lady to make some mashed potatoes, bought a cake, and walah! Thanksgiving in El Salvador! It was actually quite delicious.
Other than that, the Lord has entrusted us with some really prepared people. Adalberto and Jonathan! We got this feeling to walk down this random street and at the last house we found these two guys outside with their phones. We shared a message and invited them to church. They now have two attendances in church and it turns out that they are good friends with a few of the members in the church.
So Sunday was exciting! We had the goal to get 6 people in church and we brought 5 ourselves. I was super stressed that we wouldnt get the goal when faithful old Roberto Rivera walked in. This guy is cool. He is a retired soccer referee. I have never seen a guy so excited to get baptized. So we got 6. Then I realized that these two sisters of a convert we are visiting and another kid came so we had 9 people at church! We were really excited about that.
Send me a picture our house with the Christmas lights on . I'm thinking about buying some lights to put on our banana trees. Have a good week.
Love Elder Flake
No comments:
Post a Comment