Monday, September 2, 2013

Baptism and lunch with a Monkey!

Baptism of Kayry and Junior. Andrew got to baptize Kayry.

 Baptism!!!!!!!  The older girl is Marta and she was baptized in April. The mom has been a lot more receptive and started taking the lessons!!


    Sorry that some of you guys have been sick! Just ask for a priesthood blessing, they work! It sounds like you guys are getting what we have been enjoying, these cool evenings when the clouds roll in. The earth is so green here, as the rainy season has been going on for a while. That's cool you went up to Kolob. That place is cool! 

    Well its crazy that this transfer is already over! I'm gonna find out if I stay here or not tonight on the phone! I sure hope I stay because we have some good things going on here and almost as important, we have really good food here. My cocinera and her family have become my mission family! They are really cool and we are helping her son prepare for his mission when he leaves in November!

   We had baptisms Saturday! Kayry and Junior. We have been working with them since I got here and after they quit drinking coffee and they got permission from their mom, we baptized them and I got to baptize Kayry! The spirit was super strong and they are so cool! Their mom has been progressing a lot and she will soon follow to the waters of baptism!

    I want to thank Davy Suttner for his soap box speech about obedience! His testimony of that has helped me a bunch and I have shared it in our District Meeting. Every week I realize more how essential obedience is on the mission. Our success and blessings are dependent on this. It just takes a lot of faith to apply it to EVERY rule on the mission. I am still working on  that......

    I got to eat lunch with a monkey! A big one! I was on interchanges doing interviews and a family who has a pet monkey fed us lunch! I got to shake her hand, and foot! I'll send pictures. 

    Well I'll let you know If I've been transferred, I hope not.......

Have a good week Family and Friends!

    Much love, Elder Flake
Multi zone meeting Wednesday super bueno!

No comments:

Post a Comment