Well its been a normal week ( which means awesome) Sometimes I just think about how I'm on a mission and think how cool that is. Like I have heard many times, we don't always see the fruit of our labors at the moment, but if we put in our all, we can be rest assured the the Lord is happy with our work. I've been trying to look at the big picture and see how important this work is and what we need do to be the representatives of Christ like we have been asked to do. There's just too much we are responsible for as missionaries to put less than all that we can into the work.
Anywho.......... We have visited a good portion of the members in our area this week sharing this DVD we have from the worldwide leadership conference for missionaries. Its awesome.
So Sunday was good. The last Sunday was the Independence Day for El Salvador, so the tradition here isn't fireworks, but parades! What seemed like every youth in this half of the country, was marching on the street next to the church pounding on their drums during sacrament meeting. Needless to say it was hard to focus.
So, Dad, I'm teaching a tower guy! He accepted a baptismal date and is doing really well! He has read every part of every pamphlet we have given him and now is going hard at reading the Book of Mormon. He is awesome and I can relate to him with his work. It's just I don't know very many radio tower terms in Spanish. bummer.
Well have a good week. Love Elder Flake
Note to Dawson:
Ha!! I like your profile picture at the lake with your farmers tan! jk. But nice fishers vest. Well, keep living the Provo Dream! How is BYU football this year? I got to play basketball the first time in like 5 months. I like playing sports with my hands. (He is not that fond of all the soccer they play in El Salvador! It's a little hard for a tall guy.)
Thanks for all your help and example over the years, Your bro. Andrew
No comments:
Post a Comment