Monday, September 9, 2013

Staying in Jardin with Elder Banegas



Well we had transfers and nothing happened! Yaaay! I get to stay here another transfer with Elder Banegas to finish his training! Too bad for him though because he has to endure another transfer with me... no... but we are getting along well. It took a while for him to understand why we do some things that we do like being obedient, but he is doing really well and we are excited to work in Jardin some more.

 Well I guess I'm here more so I'll tell you about some awesome people. First is Betty: shes 60, inactive and gives us dinner once a week. But she gives us SO MUCH  FOOD and it ends up dinner the next day and breakfast for a couple of days. But anyways I've never known anybody as charitable as her. She has close to nothing, aside from her health problems, but she always turns outward to help people! I wish I could explain better at how kind she is! I will never forget her!!!! 

  So we were out in the cantones (rural area) and it started pouring so we ran and ran up this hill to this awesome recent convert family. Then we had this awesome lesson when the power went out because of the lightning.  But any ways, sorry my story ended weird in respect for time but we made it home safe! 

 I have been studying/ thinking a lot about the Book of Mormon. It is such a powerful tool for conversion, because it is so true! I love reading it! It really has the ability to help solve any problem we have, (including learning Spanish). 

 Well you should know there is a happy missionary in El Salvador!   Have a good week!             

      Elder Flake

ps  Sometimes I get English-speaking withdrawals, but luckily the drunkards on the street here have this amazing ability to say hi and ask for money in English. It always makes my day....... No, but there are some amazing families here we are working with. Families with Fathers are very rare, but when there are, they are awesome!  
 
 Salud! Elder Flake!

No comments:

Post a Comment