My new companion is Elder Gaitan. He is from Nicaragua, he is tall and he is 24 years old.
This is the view from the upper floor of our house.
Hey folks,
I'm in the (New Valley). It's part of Ilopongo and is close to the Capitol, San Salvador. Our area is super cool! We are between a lake and a mountain, so there is some good views. So to fulfill my trend of working with Central American companions, I'm with Elder GAITAN from Nicaragua! He has been out 4 months so we are gonna be learning a lot together!
Something weird that I noticed is it has been hard to understand the people here because I was used to the accent of the San Miguelenos. They also say I have that accent. It's better than a gringo accent I guess!
We're gonna have some great times here. Right now we have few
investigators. The Lord has been putting his trust in us and we are finding
families! I will keep you updated on their progress. Elder Gaitan is
learning English a little bit so we have been speaking in ingles as we
walk around to the appointments.
Oh, the house.... two stories! It's been a missionary house for
decades it seems like because there are piles and piles of old
magazines and old fridges and stuff. It's gonna be a fun project
cleaning the place up.
Well, I'll tell you more next week. Thanks for the prayers and stuff! Love Elder Flake
Oh and I got the packages! The shoes are bigger and better and all of the cards from the ward! Tell them thanks! I have been opening up a card every day!


No comments:
Post a Comment