Monday, June 2, 2014

Priesthood Line of Authority



Hey, so thanks for the priesthood line of authority. It looks good. Well, it's true we had to go in the house early for some political and gang issues, but it's just a precaution and we haven't seen any problems in our area. Well, I don't have much time today because we're gonna go play soccer and basketball in a huge sports complex. I love you all. Thanks for the pictures. 

Love, Elder Flake

**note from mom
I saw another letter from a missionary in his area that said that all of the missionaries had to be in by 6:00 pm. The gangs were active and had killed 35 people the week before. I can't tell from Andrew's comments if he 'had to go in the house early' means he still has to or if the curfew has been lifted. Anyway....it  makes a mom worry and pray more fervently! He told us in our phone call that the gangs run everything, the stores, the buses, the whole country! 

"So the country is in a state of emergency.... cause the gangs are trying to start stuff and they went out the other day and killed 35 people.. so we have a six o'clock curfew and a lot of safety rules.... so its getting pretty dangerous here.  I'm being safe though:)"

1 comment:

  1. I learn more about what is going on through Andrew then I do Nikolas!! All I can say is that the Lord knows what he is doing!! Those poor people down there have to live under those conditions. I know that our sons are living under those conditions also but they can come home in 2 years!! Andrew is such a good man!! So glad he is safe!!

    ReplyDelete