Well, Elder Gaitan left to San Miguel and now I'm with Elder Vasquez from Peru! He is super great and we get along good. He has a lot of time on the mission and the president asked me to help keep him animated (excited). I've already learned how to cook Rice Peru style and learn some Peru slang.
We had an amazing week finding new people to teach. Elder Vasquez came here with a lot of faith and we have found people including two awesome families. One of which was kind of funny how we got started teaching them. This lady came out and asked us to teach their three teenage kids about obedience because they didn't obey their mom and she knew the Mormons were obedient. So we got talking and we asked the rest of the family to come and listen and we ended with a spiritual lesson on the example of Nephi type obedience.
We had an awesome activity at church Friday. The Elders quorom pres. came up to me and said. " hey you are gringo. Can you act as Brigham Young and play your harmonica?" sure....... So thats what I did as part of a ward "trek" . We also played stick pull and leg wrestling.
I have felt so much of God's love for me on my mission. When President Glazier left he told me that that's one of the best things we can do to help people. It's true what the Prophet said-- that the pure love of Christ is one of the most needed things on the planet. I hope these people here can feel my love for them and more importantly God's unconditional love.
Love you all ,
Elder Flake
Elder Flake




No comments:
Post a Comment