Monday, June 9, 2014

Speaking in Ward Conference

Thanks for all of the birthday greetings!

Well, We had another good week. It's been raining a lot this week and it turns the roads into rivers! Luckily the monstrous rain clouds don't  come until later at night. So we got an exciting call last week to talk in sacrament meeting in the ward conference. It's interesting the difference between talking to a ward when I just got in the area, and when I have been here for a few months. I am getting to love the people here and I hope I helped them in my talk. 

   So we are still visiting the guy in the tin hut community. They offered us soda, and I said cool, but we don't drink Pepsi or Coca Cola. Two minutes later they came back with this huge bottle of nice cold Pepsi! No! They served us a cup of Pepsi and I thought about pulling a Kronk in the Emperors New Groove and pour it down my back, but I thought better of it because I didn't want to offend this humble family and ended my life long streak of not drinking Pepsi. Rats.

   So I've been working in sandals all week! I decided that they're more comfortable. True, but the reason is I got my ingrown toenails taken care of finally!  Whats better is some members found some monster shoes in the pre-used clothes store! So we are ready to go! Adios Uñeros!

  We are going to the temple Wednesday! I don't need to explain my excitement!

 I'll tell you all about it, but for now, I hope you all have a good week and a good flag day..

Love Elder Flake 

No comments:

Post a Comment